Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Finished Baby Quilt

Phew!

she can quilt
For a minute there it looked like I wasn't going to manage to finish anything from my Finish-a-long list this quarter, but today I am proud to show you my finished baby quilt.


I am thrilled how well it all came together. The backing fabric has butterflies and snails on it.


I took the top to work and auditioned lots and lots of different fabrics for the binding- there was too much choice, it was really really difficult! Although it may not be the most sensible choice to have light coloured binding, the cream fabric with cute wee hearts really was the best match that I could find. I think it frames the pink beautifully!

I kept the quilting simple (so as not to run into problems with my machine) and just outlined each of the blocks on the machine and did some hand stitching to add antennae and other such details.

 The hand stitching was done using some of the auriful sample pack that I was given and I must say that it was beautiful to use. I can't wait to try it out on another project!

I really am super super proud of this quilt. There is something about being able to say that it is ALL my own work which is incredibly satisfying!

Now I'm off to take this to the post office and then I will press on with the quilting on the sunshine quilt. Some days it goes better than others. I think I've been a bit over ambitious with the extensive FMQ that I'm trying but I'm determined to get it finished soon. If I don't carry on now I am scared that it will get stranded in the "stupidly close to being finished phase" and I really don't want that!

I'm linking in with Show and Tell and TGIFF (which is being hosted by Emily of Sewing by Moonlight)

22 comments :

  1. that is gorgeous! Super girly! LOVE IT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. Love the hand stitch detail. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love. Perfect binding too! Such a sweet quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet quilt! Well done on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Juliet - love the stitching and I think the binding is perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love the butterflies especially. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juliet this is simply stunning! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely work, all the different fabrics work so well together, you have a great eye fr that kind of thing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh J, it is simply gorgeous! Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous and I love the butterflies and the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love how you've pieced those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet baby quilt, great job, Paulina

    ReplyDelete
  14. The binding looks awesome! This turned out so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. The backing fabric is a perfect fit. Love the handstitched details. I never thought I could like something so pink so much! It works so well with the aqua and block design/layout. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so beautiful! I love little mini butterflies too..so sweet and the binding is perfect, especially love it as it reminds me of a dress my mum made me yonks ago :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm being brave am going to try opening up my comments to anonymous commenters, but if I am overrun by spam again, I'll have to reconsider...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...